Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thankfulness in a Chaotic World

 

It has been a busy couple of days at my household and while I normally have a posting on Wednesday, I was unable to complete the continuation of the study in the Book of Acts by Wednesday.  The plan is to complete that posting by Friday followed by the Saturday posting. 

 

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States, a time set aside to give thanks.  It has been a rough time this year with many losing their jobs and businesses, dealing with illness, isolation, and the stress of a contentious election in the United States.  When viewed from this perspective, it is difficult to find anything to be thankful for but there is one thing we can all be thankful for.

 

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

(ESV)

 

I am thankful Lord that you loved the world so much that you gave your Son to die for the sins of humanity that we can have eternal life.  God needed to send us the gift of His son since we have all sinned and live under the death penalty for our sins (Romans 3:23; 6:23).  While God could have abandoned humanity, he chooses to provide a savior, his sinless son to take the death penalty for sin (2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 5:8).  However, God has given each person a free will to choose which means every person must decide to accept or reject the gift of salvation provided by God.  I want to invite anyone reading this who has not already accepted the gift of salvation offered by God to do so by praying with me,

 

Dear Lord Jesus, I know I have sinned (Romans 3:23) and know that the penalty for my sin is death (Romans 6:23).  I ask you to forgive me of my sin and cleanse me as you promise in your Word (1 John 1:9).  I believe you died, spent three days in the grave, and resurrected from the dead and now declare you Lord of my life.

 

Congratulations, you now have something to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day despite the craziness in the world around us.  I pray everyone has a blessed day and remembers what we have to be thankful for in a world full of chaos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment